Entering the Home Stretch…

Entering the Home Stretch…

The James Farmer Lecture Digital Archives site is really coming together so nicely for the last few weeks of seminar. I’ve managed to change the front of the archives page with the help of Jim Groom and Tim Owens of DTLT.  With the new slide show feature, an interested viewer comes to the page with multiple visuals and an immidiate sense of what our site is about.

Caitlin has completed and posted the trailer, “In His Own Words.” Kelsey has been checking over the final drafts of the transcripts and have been working to create flyers, while Michelle has been looking over the transcripts and even created a QR that links to our website! I am cleaning up the site – I made the dimensions of the embedded trailer 600 x 450, so I am going to do the same for the rest of the video we have. The transition for pages to posts was so simple (unfortuately I figured this out after I had already created new posts before my discussion with Tim Owens…) There is a pluggin that literally, from the click of a button, changes the pages of the site to posts. I just need to re-enter my the taggs into the full video lecture posts, which will then be added to the tag cloud located on the home page.

I’m honestly really proud of the work our group has done to present James Farmer’s reflections of one of the most important movements in American history, in an easily accessible and an organized manner.